Friday, June 4, 2010

And so the journey begins...

The purpose of this blog was to solely be the journey of my weight loss but I've got other things going on in my life that it just may a place where I rant too.

How cliche is it that I'm doing a weight loss blog? -lol- Like there are not already a ton of those. This is really for me to be accountable for my actions and choices and for those closest to me to follow if they choose. If you happen to stumble upon my blog and are interested in reading and following then please do so.

I've talked about losing weight for a long time. I get so hyped up and excited about it and then a day or two in I give up. Pretty lame eh? Yea, pretty much. It was suggested I post pictures for this blog which I will in my next post. This will be a vivid picture of the work I have to do and will put it out there for the world to see. Perhaps that will be motivation enough.

My starting weight as on 06/03/2010 is 300lbs. While I am working toward an overall lifestyle change, the first 12 weeks really are a diet. This diet, however, will not fail me.

My current plan is pretty simple and straight forward. A weight loss shake or meal bar for breakfast and lunch, two snack bars, and a lean and green (protein and veggie) dinner. Before you get the urge to go off on me about the nutritional value of this diet, two things you should know... 1) I really don't want to hear it : ) and 2) The way I've been eating was far worse for me than this venture I'm on for the next 12 weeks.

To break it down for you, this is what a day could have looked like for me before...
Breakfast - McDonalds
Two Sausage Egg McMuffins, One Hashbrown, and a Large Sweet Tea.
Snack -
One Bag of Gardettos Mustard Pretzels (Eaten Throughout The Day)
Lunch - A Three Entree Meal From Panda Express
Most Often - Steamed White Rice, Two Entrees of Broccoli Beef and One Entree of Kung Pao Chicken.
Dinner - Well that really varied. Its hard to say. This was a meal most often eaten at home with family and probably the healthiest of anything I ate in an entire day.

Wow, its so gross to actually type out what I was eating. So much food, so many calories. It's a no wonder I am the weight I am. But I am on my way. Following posts may include a more detailed look at the way I am eating for the next 12 weeks and going forward. This is, again, to keep me accountable for my choices.

That's all for now...

Sassy Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment